30 November 2011

Time to Get My Didi-on!

My inspiration, Joan Didion (a.k.a. Didi-on), at Symphony Space in two hours. What to ask her...will probably be 2 shy to say anything.

I was led to Joan Didion before I discovered Patti Smith, the former via "Play It As It Lays," the latter within the pages of Creem Magazine circa 1972. Didion was, to me, rock and roll without being about rock and roll. No other writer on my teenage radar had the rhythm down sans pretense. Joan Didion was the exception. She shows me a map of America, a landscape of terrain, personalities, perspective. And that rhythm. I find her utterly irresistable.

Time to tend to minutiae - what to wear, what to write on JD's birthday card (hers is 12/5, mine 12/4), should I pump myself up with caffeine....

Anon xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Patti Smith Burns Money

Patti Smith Burns Money
Bottom Line, NYC 1976

Marianne Faithfull

Marianne Faithfull
Town Hall, NYC

Lolita Series

Lolita Series
Bear Mountain, NY

Site of May 2018

Site of May 2018
CLICK TO GO THERE