16 March 2009

On Monday, 16 March 2009
I woke late, remembering the documentary on Marc Jacobs-Louis Vuitton that I watched with Mary (Shanley, my LP) at 4:00 this morning. We had both been asleep for one or two hours and did not want to watch any of the hundreds of info-mercials on the TEE-vee. They offer nothing we want, and I resent their airing at a time when most people are awake only because they cannot sleep. They are the vulnerable, the tired, the anxious yearning to go under so they may get a reprieve from whatever it is they are anxious about.
The Jacobs documentary could have benefitted from some editing to help with continuity and capture more of the raw energy pouring out of his chain-smoking soul. He is his own force of nature. Talk about sleep deprivation! I don't know how he functions on such a high level without alcohol or drugs to fuel him, but he does. I loved a particular shot during a show in Paris; in the front row were Catherine Denueve, Uma Thurman sitting next to her, and a few seats away sat Gillian Anderson. Gorgeous women love him. And I love the gorgeous women.
WHAT...a circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Patti Smith Burns Money

Patti Smith Burns Money
Bottom Line, NYC 1976

Marianne Faithfull

Marianne Faithfull
Town Hall, NYC

Lolita Series

Lolita Series
Bear Mountain, NY

Site of May 2018

Site of May 2018
CLICK TO GO THERE